Business Development Professional
Business Unit: Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 225450
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Business Development Professional
Are you the right person to drive the Turbine Controls/Mechanical business (R3000) for North America as Business Development and also a growing sales channel?
- The main objective of this position is to provide growth in our OEM market for R3000 and to provide further penetration into the CIB (Competitor Installed Base) space for this product portfolio.
- Brief description of the primary responsibilities:
- Market support for the R3000 portfolio
- Sales support to the North American sales force.
- Will be responsible for the total order entry budget for R3000
- Drive our growing sales channel.
- You will report directly to the Vice President of Sales for PS CD
- Overall responsibility will be for the North American R3000 Order Entry (OE) budget and aligned with overall customer satisfaction from sales to engineering to final installation and commissioning.
- You will be measured and goaled in OE against budget for OEM and CIB
- You will be responsible for a growth strategy for further penetration into the CIB market and incremental OE.
- You will be matrix aligned with operations for engineering and field service support and execution.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A BS in an engineering field or equivalent experience is required.
- Technical proficiency of at least 3 years with R3000 portfolio solutions
- Industry/business acumen in turbine solutions a must have of at least 3 years
- Work experience in power plant turbine applications of 5 years a must.
- Amount of travel with the position will average 30%-40%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with other solutions providers a plus but not required
- Experience with Plant DCS a plus but not required