Senior Civil Engineer - High Voltage/Utility experience
Business Unit: Transmission Solutions
Requisition Number: 225455
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The Siemens Energy Management Transmission Solutions team provides Turnkey offerings for AIS/GIS/FACTS/HVDC and Grid Access solution to the American Market. The solutions provide utilities to solve problems with the rapidly changing Energy Market in the Continental US.We are looking for an individual who has experience with these types of sometimes very complex systems. The ideal candidate will prepare calculations including seismic requirements, drawings and specifications for grading, buildings, foundations, steel structures, overhead conductors, and rigid bus.
- Develop conceptual designs for pricing purposes.
- Perform civil and structural designs and calculations.
- Review and approve outside engineering packages.
- Review manufacturer’s technical documentation.
- Ensure internal and outsource engineering is in compliance with project requirements, customer specifications, governing standards and constructability sound judgment.
- Develop engineering execution plans in support of a particular project schedule.
- Ensure that the engineering deliverables meet the target schedule dates, makes aware the Project Manager of possible delays or risk in the particular project.
- Support Proposal and Project Execution teams in the execution of a project and in customer meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. 10 years of experience in Civil and Structural Engineering for High Voltage, Distribution and Generation applications for Utility and Industrial customers.
2. Knowledge of IBC, ASCE, ACI, AISC, ANSI and IEEE standards related to civil/structural design of High Voltage Gas-Insulated Substations, Air-Insulated Substations, Static Var Compensators and Fixed Series Capacitor projects in the U.S.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft tools, AutoCAD, and discipline specific software like StaadPro, SAP 2000, RISA, SAG-10, L-Pile, etc.
4. BS in Civil Engineering, MSCE is a plus.
5. Professional Engineering License required.
6. Excellent oral and written skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.