Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 225473
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Biochemist 1 position involves the development and/or qualification of in vitro clinical chemistry and/or immunoassay diagnostic products. Assay Development works closely with representatives from other functions through the product development process to design, develop, transfer, verify and validate a new or revised product. This position reports to a Director of Assay Development.
A candidate for this position would have responsibility for:
- Conducting experiments for the development and/or qualification of assay products for clinical chemistry or immunoassay systems
- Participating in design control regulated activities such as risk management, design verification, design change, process characterization and validation
- Writing test reports
- Troubleshooting technical problems
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Required experience, education and knowledge/skills:
- Background in Medical Laboratory Technology/Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry or the Biological Sciences
- Team player with the ability to take initiative
- Required knowledge, skills or expertise:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Flexibility to change priorities to meet business needs
- Basic statistical analysis
- Broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives
- Working with bio-hazardous materials
- Knowledge in clinical chemistry assays or experience working in hospital Clinical Chemistry Laboratory.
- Ability in following procedures and to perform bench top chemistry experiments with limited supervision.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with assay systems and evaluation of assay performance
- Experience in operating Atellica and ADVIA Chemistry systems
- Experience in basic statistical analysis for experimental data
Requires BS degree in Medical Laboratory Technology/Clinical Laboratory Sciences , Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field and with at least 2 years relevant diagnostic industry experience.