Mechanical Assembler- 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 225479
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Hutchinson
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
THIS IS A SECOND SHIFT POSITION
Perform the necessary assembly and installation of all items in Feeder Line, Hub Assembly, and Nacelle Assembly based on job assignment. Assemble materials based on accepted industry and shop practices. Document and record completed process steps as required. Perform required equipment inspections for safe operation and delivery.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Experience with hand, pneumatic, air, and torque/tensioning tools.
3. Experience with Hydraulics, Cranes, Forklift, Pulling Cables preferred
1. Acquire crane and lifting equipment skills by passing company test requirements.
2. Certification for specific assembly operations.
The following are the major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
1. Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
2. Receive and perform work assignments from Group Leader, Team Leader, or Manager as needed.
3. Follow verbal and written work instructions based on task assignment.
4. Install materials by assembly, mounting, and fitting parts based on Siemens process requirements.
5. Verify all materials are installed according to the standard work instructions or engineering direction.
6. Inform management of missing or damaged materials.
7. Maneuver materials for installation as needed.
8. Follow all applicable specifications and procedures regarding the performance of shop operations.
9. Provide technical direction and training of other classifications as required.
10. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
11. Support and apply team concepts in daily activities.
12. Utilize Lean and 5S principles.