Director - Private Equity - Energy Finance
Business Unit: Energy Finance
Requisition Number: 225488
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Other Locations: United States-New York-New York, United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness. As of September, 30, 2014, the total, global SFS assets amount to $27.9 billion.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/financial-services.htm
Job Summary: Siemens Financial Services Energy Finance Americas co-invests equity in Power and Oil & Gas Infrastructure Projects in the Americas. A Senior Risk Manager (SRM) partners with an Originator to evaluate and negotiate all potential investments. The SRM is the deal team member focused on the risk elements of a transaction and compliance with Siemens equity investment policies. Following the financial close of a deal, the RM leads all asset management activities including: monitoring construction and operations, project market valuations, and project governance. A Senior Risk Manager will act as the Siemens representative on the board of directors of specific portfolio companies.
Qualifications (necessary to perform job):
- Capital Markets/Structured Finance Background
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent required
- 10years minimum experience in energy project finance risk management/origination or Private Equity structuring & asset management. Must have experience in transaction contracts and structuring and experience in corporate reorganization
- Fully proficient in financial modeling, (MS Excel). Project Finance modeling experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills, to include fundamental asset valuation skills.
- Advanced understanding of US electricity markets and markets in Canada and LATAM jurisdictions.
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision, and demonstrate initiative and tenacity completing work-streams with short deadlines.
- Willingness to travel, including internationally and on short notice.
- Transaction structuring and diligence, including negotiating directly with co-investors and co-managing multiple diligence workstreams.
- Asset monitoring, including monitoring project construction progress and tracking operational performance.
- Participation as a board member in portfolio companies.
- Portfolio management reporting, including preparation of internal reporting and coordination with accounting and business administration.
- Maintaining complex project models, including preparation of project valuations supported by defensible inputs during deal due diligence and asset management phases.
- Insure compliance with internal policies and guidelines for all due diligence and asset management activities.
- Continuous development of regional US, Canadian and LATAM market construct knowledge and expertise.