Senior HVAC Controls Service Technician
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 225503
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Eugene
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
· Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
· Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
· Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system. Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts.
· Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
· Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
· Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
· Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
· Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
· Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly. If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
· Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
· Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
· Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
· Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Require Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· 5+ years DDC Controls engineering or service experience or 2 yrs Service Specialist II experience required.
· Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations required.
· Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
· Associate's degree in Electronics or other related field.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.