Director Product Manager Analytics
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225529
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
As part of the Siemens MindSphere organization, this position makes significant contributions towards delivering leading IoT, big data, machine learning, and performance analytics platform and applications. We deliver state of the art applications leveraging IaaS in an agile-based environment that provide our customers unparalleled insight to their products’ performance. Reporting to the Head of System Management & Analytics, you will be responsible for working with customers, management, and other stakeholders to understand, evangelize, and help deliver cloud services that bring measureable benefits to the user community. You will be a key participant in the adoption of best practices, new technologies, and organizational culture as we continue to improve our full stack DevOps and CI/CD approach in a scrum environment.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary function of this job is to create and maintain a clear vision of data analytics cloud services as part of the MindSphere platform. In this role, the successful person will understand customer requirements, aggregate requirements across all stakeholders into a unified delivery roadmap, create multiple levels of requirement specifications, allocate the functional requirements into your scrum teams, and provide leadership in the use of scrum to deliver high quality, fully functional cloud services.
This role will use internal and external information such as market data and competitive pricing to define pricing, portfolio, and positioning in context of the overall MindSphere platform. You will work closely with sales and marketing to sell to customers and to understand and help build collateral that clearly articulates the value and unique positioning of our services. You will participate in, and lead, proof of concept and first of a kind activities to validate product concepts.
Responsible for surpassing customer expectations to achieve high quality, innovative cloud services that are delivered on-time. Has diversified knowledge of methods and practices in broad areas of analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, software development and cloud business. Recognized by peers as a strong collaborator. Must excel in a global team environment that changes with new technology adoption and evolving customer requirements. Works with some supervision on the most complex projects and desires to obtain complete latitude for independent judgment. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for analytics cloud services as product owners to drive development/enhancements of MindSphere cloud services
· Create and maintain a clear product vision within MindSphere
· Define and deliver on a unified product roadmap
· Decompose the roadmap into software specifications that can be easily allocated to scrum teams
· Define product pricing, portfolio, and positioning
· Contribute to sales and marketing efforts including creation of collateral, approval of pricing etc.
· Work closely with scrum teams to deliver high quality products
· Work within a global product management organization
· Work closely with customers and other external organizations to understand the competition, the market, and our customer requirements.
· Work with R&D, product validation/testing, operations, and technical publications teams as part of agile scrum.
· Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Engineering, IT, computer science, engineering, business administration, (or lower qualification with relevant work experience)
· Industry knowledge of big data, business intelligence, machine learning, artificial intelligence and analytics in cloud environments
· Embracing change to leverage new, yet proven, technologies
· Selecting and working with technology inbound partners for development of integrations
· 7 years of industry experience
· 5 years of experience in software product management as product owner or similar roles
· 5 years of experience preparing and delivering internal and customer facing presentations and preparing, presenting and justifying financial investments through a business plan
· 5 years of experience understanding requirements and creating specifications
· 5 years of experience defining product vision, pricing, portfolio, and positioning
· 5 years cross organization engagement (Development, Sales, Services, Partners, etc.)
· 3 years of experience in cloud related business and technologies
· Technical knowledge: data integration, data science, predictive analytics, model management
· Experience in IoT technologies (cloud services) & solutions
· Experience in architecting Cloud based applications using Azure and AWS
· Experience in at least one of the following industries related to digitization: Industrial Automation, PLM Software, Energy Management, Transportation, Building Technologies, Manufacturing etc.
· 5 years of experience working in a software development environment
· 3 years of experience working in a scrum environment
· 7 years of experience understanding requirements and creating specifications
· 7 years of experience defining product pricing, portfolio, and positioning
· Experience with state of the art data science technology and tools: Spark MLlib, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, AWS ML, Azure ML, Zeppelin Notebook, Jupyter Notebook, RStudio, Scala, and Spark