Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 225536
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Hutchinson
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Perform installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and alterations to all building control systems and facility fixtures as well as taking care of the ground around the facility. Record all required data of repairs and installations. Interpret and implement corrective actions from prints, drawings, and verbal instructions. Recommend appropriate corrective action in accordance with referenced specifications, accepted industry and shop practices. Perform mechanical construction work as required as well as electrical and HVAC installation and troubleshooting.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Must be able to work overtime with little to no notice
1. Within the qualifying period the employee must demonstrate a satisfactory proficiency in general maintenance and basic electrical repair
2. Must demonstrate skills in print reading and application
3. Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions
4. Must pass a basic mechanical and electrical aptitude test
1. Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures
2. Prior experience with HVAC and building control systems is a plus. If no prior experience, must be willing to attend training to gain knowledge needed for this position
3. Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written from Group Leader, Team Leader, or Managers and work with or under the direction of engineers and contractors as needed.
4. Accurately report findings of inspections to operations, Group Leader, etc.
5. Document, organize, and retain all findings of evaluations and inspections in a timely manner
6. Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to determine necessary tools and materials needed for assignments
7. Perform preventative maintenance and routine repairs on all equipment on operating systems in and around the facility
8. Fabricate and install piping and conduit as needed
9. Enter and maintain data as needed for operating maintenance work order and log systems
10. Provide technical direction and training for other classification as required
11. Keep work areas in a clean, orderly condition. Return tools to the proper storage location at conclusion of job/shift operations. Utilize lean and 5S principles
12. Install materials by assembly, mounting, and fitting parts based on Siemens Gamesa process requirements
13. Follow all applicable specifications and procedures regarding the performance of shop operations