Manufacturing Test Engineer II
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 225545
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Molecular Imaging division of Siemens Healthineers has an opening for a strong Manufacturing Test Engineer II to join our Operations team. This position will work across a cross-functional organization with large and diverse teams and is critical to the overall success of the Operations organization.
A passion for manufacturing that improves quality and reduces cost is essential to be a member on our team. The ideal candidate should have experience in developing and improving manufacturing processes focusing primarily on product quality and to ensure full compliance to all FDA requirements.
• Develop, improve and document manufacturing processes to improve quality and reduce cost in compliance with FDA requirements and regulations.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing work flow, material flow and space requirement to ensure on-time product shipments.
• Develop test procedures from subassembly level through system level testing
• Develop both hardware and software solutions for test fixtures as required.
• Interface with Design Engineering, Manufacturing, and outside suppliers to develop test plans
• Participate in design reviews to insure manufacturability and testability
• Evaluate test equipment and perform quality checks
• Work closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate, and provide technical training for employees.
• Provide technical support for manufacturing personnel to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
• Design fixtures and tooling to improve manufacturing processes.
• Implement and maintaining lean manufacturing techniques such as Kanban, Kaizen & 5S.
• Review and approve applicable engineering specifications and drawings for manufacturability.
• Supporting company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, FDA regulations and good manufacturing practices
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
• 3-5 years of experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities.
• Strong Electrical or Electronics engineering background in a related medical field. • Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills. • ERP experience (SAP Preferred). • FDA medical device regulations for devises and process. (i.e. IQ, OQ, PQ)
• Manufacturing knowledge of FDA regulated medical devices.
• Exhibits skills needed to bridge gaps between technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Demonstrates the ability to manage change in rapidly evolving situations
• Strong project management skills, including ability to coordinate cross-functional teams.
• Willingness to work as part of an integrated team or independently.