Rail Technical Support Specialist
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 225601
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
TheTechnical Support Specialist position in its Mobility Organization in Wilmington, Delaware. This job entails direct support in fleet monitoring and maintenance planning for the ACS-64 Technical Support Services and Stores Agreement (TSSSA) contract, and duties as directed to support Siemens Customer Service. The Technical Support Specialist also provides technical oversight to the ASC-64 TSSSA contractual Depots, and administrative services to the ACS-64 Reliability and Service Managers.
Applicants who wish to be a part of the Siemens Customer Service Department would be responsible for the following main tasks:
· Monitoring and equipment surveillance support for electric locomotives at the service center in Wilmington, DE in a 24/7 shift pattern.
· Support for driving reliability and continuous improvement to minimize down time, and costs.
· Preventive maintenance practice optimization without compromising safety.
· Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers and Field Service Technicians to monitor and improve maintenance practices.
· Provide real time support to the end users.
· Must be able to work in a 24/7 shift pattern.
· Reports to the Consolidated National Operations Center (CNOC) Siemens Technical Support Team Lead.
· Measure and track performance against agreed upon reliability targets.
· Support Failure Investigations and the completion of Root Cause Analysis reports.
· Regular review and update of maintenance practices, impacting documentation and training procedures.
· Provide technical advice and recommendations to the Field Service maintenance teams.
· Support the development of a Continuous Improvement Program.
· Provide advice on modifications and measures which can be implemented to improve component and system reliability.
· Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
· Generate administrative reports using the Microsoft Office suite.
· Generate Work Orders for locomotives.
· Monitor “Railigent” Train Monitoring system, and disseminate findings to Siemens team personnel and the Customer.
· Lead teleconferences and meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· This position requires a minimum of an associate degree in a technical field, or five years of practical maintenance and operational experience. (Railway experience welcome).
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
· Must be computer literate, and have knowledge of computerized maintenance systems, or possess the ability to learn.
· Must demonstrate core competencies of effective communications, listening, and have strong organizational skills.
· Ability to read and understand equipment blueprints and maintenance/operation manuals.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office Applications (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint).
· Must quickly and efficiently learn project specific software programs and online tools.
· Must be able to read and understand the English language.
· Required amount of travel: 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Background or formal training in Quality tools e.g. six sigma.
· Ability to apply Standardization of processes to maximize consistency of output and increase efficiency.