Visual Design Information Developer Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225640
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Other Locations: United States-California-Cypress, United States-Missouri-St. Louis, United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
This position supports Learning Media Development, the organization
responsible for user documentation development for Siemens PLM product
lines. Responsible for the development of technical information
products for global end users of our NX computer-aided design (CAD)
software. Defines scope, develops plans, and manages individual and
group projects. Solves complex problems related to user assistance and
product use works with product managers, subject matter experts,
software developers, localization experts, customer support, sales
support, and customers for product planning and development. Requires
minimal direction; drives problems and projects to completion.
• Creates CAD models and workflows to be used as
tutorials and as examples for online help and videos.
• Creates user-focused content, including online help, tutorials, graphics, and
• Learns the software product, conducts research, defines
content and scope, plans, develops, and maintains new and existing
information solutions for end users of CAD products.
• Uses XML content-authoring tools to create end-user technical information
• Communicates project progress to stakeholders through
meetings and status updates. • Works closely with internal and external
teams to develop and track deliverables.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to understand technical/engineering concepts and to
learn CAD product functionality and applications.
• Ability to communicate technical/engineering concepts clearly in written form in
the English language.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills. Effectively communicates in
one-to-one and group situations.
Education and Experience Requirement:
• Typically requires 5 years of relevant experience and a minimum of a
bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical communication,
instructional design, or related field.
• Previous experience with CAD software and a background in mechanical engineering is desirable.