Technical Product Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225649
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Waltham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens is actively seeking a Technical Product Manager to work at the
Waltham, MA location. In this role, the candidate will join a product
management team that is delivering multiple products to the aerospace
and defense, automotive, marine, and wind energy markets. The candidate
will both assist and lead projects related to strategic customer and
prospect engagement, the development of technical marketing and
go-to-market resources, creation of demonstrations, and the management
of development projects as a product owner.
This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations for the
Specialized Engineering Software organization.
• Interface with Siemens’ customers and prospects to identify product
and market requirements.
• Create and deliver technical marketing, go-to-market, and
demonstration material for multiple product lines.
• Work across internal business stakeholders to bring a
cross-functional, integrated solution to market that utilizes the
entire Siemens portfolio.
• Work with Siemens’ product development organization to communicate
product requirements based on customer interactions.
• Work on a cross-functional, agile team to implement functionality,
demonstrate it to internal/external stakeholders, and deliver value to
• Use of Siemens’ products within CATIA V5, NX, and Creo on customer
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
• 5+ years CAD / PLM software experience in a customer-facing role
• Availability to travel as required to support internal meetings,
sales activities and events (less than 15% of time)
• Must be capable of juggling a variety of different tasks and moving
them forward in a timely manner.
• Must have comprehensive and diversified knowledge of methods and
practices in broad areas of customers’ industries.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent technical problem solving capabilities.
• Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker who balances strong
customer and quality focus while thinking big.
• Proficient with a variety of technical tools including Microsoft
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with aerospace or automotive markets
• Experience with CATIA V5 or NX or Creo
• Experience with XML, Perl, and/or Python scripting