Technical Project Manager - Principal
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225679
Primary Location: United States-New York-Melville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
A Project Manager position is opened in order to work collaboratively
with related Siemens Project Leads to define the strategy, approach and
milestones for the CAE requirements and deployment as well as to
coordinate the execution and monitoring of the project tasks.
Project managers are first point of contact for any issues or
discrepancies arising from within the heads of various departments in
an organization before the problem escalates to higher authorities.
This position seldom participates directly in the activities that
produce the end result, but rather strives to maintain the progress,
mutual interaction and tasks of various parties in such a way that
reduces the risk of overall failure, maximizes benefits, and minimizes
The position will require familiarity with the structural analysis CAE
processes and tools. The Project Manager must be able to communicate
the technical details and requirements between Siemens division.
Sufficient understanding of the analysis and design CAE processes will
be necessary to successfully identify and communicate potential risks.
- Maintaining project schedule
- Working with Siemens project lead to develop overall deployment
- Identifying potential risks to migration schedule
- Identifying expertise needed to facilitate the migration process
- Working with team members to identify CAE software gaps and potential
- Provide upper management and core team members with regular status
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Over 10 years of project management experience
- Over 15 years of experience with structural analysis and design
- Extensive experience with CAE tools and methods commonly used
- Experience supporting and presenting during high-level design reviews