Security System Installation Technician - Kansas City
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 225698
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Lenexa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
For more information, please visit:
• Performs routine equipment installation; installs simple control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools. Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source and/or terminates wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections. Complex issues will be referred to supervisor for support.
• Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; supports the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); supports the creation of and the upload of point database, assists with the creation of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Network Technologies: assists with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure; supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed. Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
• Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs routine reports to review system operation. Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action. Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing