Supply Chain Manager
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 225702
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock manufactures locomotives, passenger coaches and light rail vehicles in an engineer-to-order, project environment. We are seeking a knowledgeable and committed Supply Chain Manager to drive material availability in this fast paced, complex environment.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will be the primary interface between tactical procurement and production. This is a hands-on position that requires significant presence on the shop floor and in the warehouse, as well as interaction with multiple stakeholders including manufacturing managers, project managers, production controllers, buyer/planners and strategic sourcing specialists. Data analysis, problem-solving and attention to detail are critical skills for this role. The Supply Chain Manager position is a part of Operations and directly reports to the Director, of Materials and Production Support.
• Ensure on-time material availability for production.
• Analyze system need dates, supplier commitments and current production status to identify critical material issues.
• Coordinate and optimize delivery schedules with critical suppliers.
• Provide daily updates to ensure manufacturing managers have a complete view of current and future material issues.
• Manage activities of assigned production controller(s).
• Identify and implement solutions to overcome current and future material shortages in collaboration with buyers, expeditors and production controllers.
• Foster strong partnerships with all stakeholders – manufacturing managers, project managers, logistics, and strategic sourcing.
• Work with production managers to understand critical production schedules.
• Work collaborative with suppliers, logistics and warehouse to ensure timely material arrival to the floor.
• Escalate critical material shortages immediately upon identification.
• Track KPIs and generate reports, charts and presentations for supply chain performance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Excellent working knowledge or MRP/ERP systems (JDE/SAP preferred).
• Significant work experience in procurement or supply chain
• Experience in an engineer-to-order, project environment
• Able to read drawings and understand BOM structures.
• Experience in demand planning
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proven experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting.
• Excellent organizational and management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.