Energy Engineer - Building Technologies - Northern CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 225717
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Other Locations: United States-California-West Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
- Participate in pre-sale activities and work closely with sales and business development managers to identify and qualify customer opportunities. This will require involvement and understanding of the sales funnel and key criteria to qualify customer opportunities. This also requires participation in client meetings and presentations--either jointly with sales or alone. Therefore, strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Also important is the ability to convey complex engineering concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Perform industry-standard energy calculation techniques such as weather-based BIN calculations and energy simulation modeling programs. The Energy Engineer is responsible for performing all necessary energy and design calculations needed to adequately propose facility improvement measure (FIM) recommendations. This may at times include reading and writing equipment sequences of operations, as well as analyzing drawings and specification to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Perform industry-standard (ASHRAE or equivalent) energy auditing procedures. This will require working independently to develop action plans prior to executing energy audits, properly organizing information gathered, and proper identification of FIM recommendations. Additionally, the Energy Engineer may be required to assist with existing or new building system commissioning. An understanding of industry standard commissioning procedures or techniques is preferred.
- Required education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Controls Engineering.
- Required travel: 20%
- Required experience: Two years of experience in Energy Efficiency required.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver's license in good standing to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification and/or state certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) required.
Four or more years of experience in energy efficiency.
Professional Engineering Certification preferred.
Understanding of State and Utility Incentive programs.
Two or more years Mechanical HVAC design experience.
Familiarity with State Energy Codes and/or ASHRAE 90.1.
Familiarity with MS Excel and VBA programming basics.
Experience with controls fundamentals.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.