Inside Sales Engineer - Low/Medium Voltage Products
Business Unit: Sales
Requisition Number: 225718
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for an Inside Sales Engineer to support the industrial end user markets in the West and Central Regions. This person will support the Sales team and distribution network in the aforementioned geography, however the candidate will be required to sit in the Denver office. This person will review requests from distribution, end customers and sales engineers as well as work with business unit personnel. This person will report to the Sales Manager and work within the team of sales engineers and other bid coordinators.
• Prepare quotations involving low and medium voltage switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, busway, substations and power monitoring while also combining systems and offerings containing transformers, digital grid and industrial control system and solution
• Review one lines for possible value engineering options and price up alternative solutions
• Generate change order quotations for existing orders
• Support the sales team with submittal creation and pre order bill of material clean up
• Resolve technical and commercial issues involving ongoing projects over the phone, via email and in person
• Communicate with our distribution channel as well as electrical contractors on equipment production schedules
• Strive to bid or assist in over $4M in quotes in a given month in the first year.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or related) or related technical Bachelor’s Degree . A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing will also be considered.
* Ability to effectively work with a wide range of customers, both internal and external.
* Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications shows the discipline and willingness to work with our proprietary web-based enterprise systems.
* Must be willing and available to travel for company training, business unit meetings and territory support
* Ability to effectively multi-task.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
* Electrical Industry sales experience.
* Contractor/Distributor work experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.