Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 225728
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Conducts statistical studies to generate data and insights used to innovate, plan and support improved healthcare. Prepares analysis plans to ensure the best statistical methods are developed and utilized. Writes specifications for files, consistency checks, tables, and calculations used to collect and analyzes data from a variety of sources. Interprets analyses and prepares exhibits for reports and presentations. Interfaces with non-technical users to assist with data interpretation and understanding of results. Reports directly to the Director of Biostats and Data Management.
- Analyze in-vitro diagnostics clinical trial data
- Assist in the preparation of the statistical portion of FDA submittals
- Perform sample size / power calculations
- Prepare derived datasets for analysis using SAS
- Provide statistical advice to R&D and Manufacturing
- Identify relationships and trends in data
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or related field
- Working knowledge of SAS programming language
- 0-2 years of experience in applied statistics
- Ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Approximately 5% travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master's Degree in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or related field
- 1-2 years of work experience in the medical device industry
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for clinical trials
- Knowledge of SAS EG, SQL, SQL Server, Data Mining