Software Development Intern
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 225731
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
We write software for our PET/CT, SPECT/CT scanners and post-processing
clinical applications as part of a global team. Our products are built on many
disciplines including computer science, physics, information technology, hardware,
algorithms and much more.
This position is with the UX PET Team and focuses on data analytics which helps us improve our products development.
Under the supervision of your functional manager and software engineering staff mentors you will support software development activities including the following:
• Develop and maintain the infrastructure for Data analytics for Scanner products
• Work with various stakeholders and understand the requirement for data analytics
• Gain an understanding of the PET-CT scanner, how it works, and understand the data output
• Understand the data flow of the PET between different subsystems
• Participate in the development of PET-CT console software
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A genuine passion for software development demonstrated through significant past projects
• Knowledge of a few programming languages including C#, C++, Python
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Ability to perform work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing,
modifying, testing and debugging complex computer programs
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Excellent knowledge of Software design principles
• Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
• Prior knowledge of MongoDB, SQL DB is plus