Software Engineer - Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225801
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
The Software Engineer –Advanced will design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for NX Ship and P&ID products. This position will focus on developing and delivering P&ID projects, meeting current P&ID customer expectations, achieving high quality and on-time delivery. The software Engineer –Advanced will also Design and develop / lead Shanghai team to deliver web framework UI under NX SaaS initiatives.
• Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
• Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
• Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas such as NX Ship, NX P&ID, NX Modeling, NX assembly, NX Drafting, NX CAE.
• Lead Shanghai team deliver key component in web framework UI.
• Occasional consults with customers in regard to future upgrades and products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Requires a bachelor or master degrees on Mechanical Engineering or computer sciences or computer engineering.
• Requires general knowledge of P&ID or Shipbuilding or Marine disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas on these areas with at least 2 years of working experience.
• Requires strong ability to solve complex technical problem.
• Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment.
• Requires 5% travel time in case of customer on-site support.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Preferred master degree on Mechanical Engineering or Computer Sciences.
• Preferred knowledge and 2 years of expression on marine related areas such as P&ID, Ship or Routing.