Siemens Graduate Program - Energy Project Management
Business Unit: Energy Solutions
Requisition Number: 225817
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/power_ gas.html
What do you want to do with your future? If the answer is kick-start your career with a global two-year program that offers the opportunity to work abroad, then the Siemens Graduate Program (SGP) is for you.
This Siemens Graduate Program position will be within Siemens Power and Gas. We're seeking a recent graduate to assist a General Project Manager in overseeing all engineering activities and project deliverables. You will Assist the General Project Manager on managing all matters pertaining to the contract and the overall project.
In this role you will:
- Have clear understanding of the contract in order to speak for the Project Manager in his absence.
- Be the prime point of contact for the customer on all technical matters pertaining to the project, assist in preparation of the project plan for carrying out the design, procurement, and delivery of all components for the project.
- Ensure achievement of project milestones.
- Be responsible for coordinating all Project Engineering activities, both internal and external to Siemens, to ensure that work complies with the contract.
- Monitor and expedite the flow of Technical Documents and ensure compliance with the contract and project requirements.
- Prepare all technical reports pertaining to the project.
- Identify and help manage risks and opportunities for the project.
- Support site personnel in order to meet project objectives.
- Implement and coordinate strategies to close out the project.
- Scheduling and coordination of major segments of projects to meet cost and time objectives.
Other Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform in the routine review of complex engineering designs and documentation to ensure compliance with project design criteria and standards Performs tests and brings complex systems into an operational state (commissioning).
- Performs complex tests and commissions individual components of complex systems.
- Performs corrective modification of the complex hardware and software systems, projects, and/or equipment.
- Completes the design and engineering of complex systems and start-up plans for overall system.
- Thoroughly documents job activities through written reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Masters degree in engineering, construction management, project management, MBA or closely related field.
- Strong multi-cultural orientation and at least 3 month international experience (studying/working/living abroad)
- 3-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organizations business practices and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English – knowledge of other languages is welcome but not required
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills