Mobility ManagementRequisition Number:
United States-Kentucky-LouisvilleOther Locations:
United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Pennsylvania-MunhallAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Mobility is going digital - Siemens Mobility Division is the world's leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of both people and goods which help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Driven by innovation, Siemens develops intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings include rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value that is unique. We call this Ingenuity for Life. Come and make a difference with Siemens.
Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to hire a business-savvy Product Marketing Specialist to oversee the lifecycle of our Rail Electro/Mechanical and Locomotive Instrumentation product line and be the face of Siemens to our internal and external customers regarding these products. Here, you will interface with R&D, marketing, engineering, sales, operations & quality to develop the roadmap for product development, product requirements and profitability analysis – as well as customer support.
You’ll need to stay on top of the market & competitive intelligence in order to manage obsolescence, pricing strategy & directing the strategy of development of new market requirements for specific products or product lines. This role will also require you to follow technology development - anticipating impact to the product line and identifying opportunity to incorporate in the respective products/product lines.
Become the face of Siemens in industry groups and government organizations that can influence the product lines - including new product development and product roll out!
As a Product Marketing Specialist, you will develop and define business plans, assess market penetration, and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share as well as identify potential acquisition targets and JV’s. You will also define customer requirements and specifications & communicate customer feedback to engineering, manufacturing, and sales to enhance existing products or product lines.
Other Responsibilities will include:
• Directing the development of specific products - including current and future local product strategy, definition, market positioning, requirements analysis, and pricing to create product differentiation.
• Lead planning and execution of sales/marketing strategies for a particular product line including market analysis, forecast, strategic pricing reviews and related action plans to ensure product profitability.
• Coordinating with internal customers in regard to cost, proposals, quality issues, delivery and scheduling to ensure customer needs are understood.
• Maintaining knowledge of current market trends. Research for future needs, market analyses of competitor’s products and pricing, and synthesize customer requests. Define and propose new product opportunities to senior management for consideration.
• Structure supplier agreements with Supply Chain and Contracts Administration. Communicate terms and conditions with suppliers.
• Attend trade shows and demonstrate new products
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
-Education - BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas.
-5-8 years of hands on successful experience in Rail Industry with extensive knowledge of Electro/Mechanical products required for railroad signals and circuits.
-5-8 years of Product Management experience
-Demonstrated success in working with many different groups to achieve goals
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Product Marketing Specialist with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!