VR Developer Intern
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 225826
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, personable, AR & VR Developer w/ Unity 3D Experience for a student summer internship position at a leading healthcare diagnostics company. The VR Developer Intern will work as part of the Siemens Healthineers Industrial Design team developing interactive VR content for next generation medical diagnostic analyzers and systems. This position is located in Tarrytown, N.Y.Responsibilities
- Prototype and build VR software applications per specifications (existing environment, interactive animations, etc.) using Python
- Support designers with converting 3D CAD data to use with Virtual Reality tool for prototyping concepts to evaluate design, user and service access
- Develop in Native OpenSourceGraph Binary (osbg) or similar 3D graphics engine
- Test VR applications using the latest commercial and enterprise virtual reality solutions (Projection-based VR / Oculus Rift / HTC Vive)
- Work alongside industrial designers and become familiar with Anark, Vizard Inspector, or similar VR graphics tools
- Stay current with trends with knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals and experience with high performance computing and visualization tools
- Assist in troubleshooting issues related to VR hardware and software
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with Virtual Reality such as VR projection systems and Oculus Rif
- Experience with OpenSceneGraph or similar engines.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python to enhance
- Experience with developing for commercial Virtual Reality headsets.
- Exposure to Anark, Vizard Inspector, or similar VR modeling tools.
- Exposure to 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, or similar 3D/2D modeling tools.
- Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals.
- 3D graphics and animation programming experience
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborative development team
- Basic software experience: Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Great attention to detail, self-motivated and collaborative
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Junior or Senior level, full-time student with a program study in Computer Science or related field working towards Bachelors or advanced degree
- Experience with mixed reality development (including VR and AR) using any platform (Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality, Oculus Rift, Samsung GearVR, Google Daydream, HTC Vive)
- Recebt project samples showing experience with scripting languates, such as Python
- 3D Modeling with Blender or 3D Studio max and basic texturing skills (UV Mapping)
- Understanding of computer vision algorithms, spatial mapping, and shaders