Siemens HealthineersBusiness Unit:
Laboratory DiagnosticsRequisition Number:
United States-Massachusetts-WalpoleAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
5%Division Description:Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineersJob Description:
This Biochemist I position impacts people’s health, and well-being all around the world, while working on a new and exciting automation platform; the Siemens Atellica.
- Supports Manufacturing personnel via technical expertise and guidance, as they build/test diagnostic reagents and materials that will be used by clinical labs on Atellica, Centaur, and Centaur CP automation platforms.
- Reports to Senior Supervisor of Technical Operations within the Manufacturing sector.
- Participates in and investigates technical issues associated with formulation and testing of immunoassay reagents and testing components.
- Writes compliance documentation associated with investigations, data analyses, and experimental conclusions.
- Works in the laboratory running Atellica, Centaur, and CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
- Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Creates and participates in the design of experiments (DOE) to troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
- Coordinates and performs material and process changes following written protocols.
- May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of new and re-formulated assays and manufacturing processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
3+ years job related experience (may include time in an advanced degree)
Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.
Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as independently.
Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
Led change or development projects to completion.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Proficiency with statistics and Minitab statistics software
Advanced degree preferred
-knowledge of SCoPE