Sales Support Operator-Iriving TX
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 225872
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Collects information from other functions, vendors, subcontractors to complete sales quotations as needed.
Assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams.
Attends job meetings and site walk-throughs to gain deeper project and customer knowledge.
Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for fire, building automation solutions and services.
Obtains quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services
- Ensures timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of package given to sales.
- Activities will include bid project take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM) and other activities.
- May attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding.
- Completes research activities on Dodge On-Line and informs sales team(s) to promote understanding of project scopes, phases and timing.
- Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting and order entry.
- Maintains complete files for all equipment used to generate quotes and assists in turnover process when quotes become an order.
- Assists Sales employees with site checks to gather required information needed for quotes and/or Sales presentations.
- Completes all record keeping entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools.
- Ensures accurate data movement into the SAP system and completes any required adjustments.
- Assists with ongoing maintenance of Sales Estimating tools and SAP as needed.
- Uses autocad to build riser diagrams.
- Coordinates wiring requirements with subcontractors on turnkey projects.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.