Engineering Manager - Electrical Products
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 225888
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for an Engineering Manager – Electrical Products for their Grand Prairie, TX location. The Engineering Manager will serve as a guide and servant leader to a dedicated team of up to 15 highly motivated engineers that thrives on creating innovative solutions to challenging problems. The candidate will report to the Director of RD Strategy, who is also located at our Grand Prairie location.
"Are you ready to design and create the safe and reliable Electrification Systems of the future that will power our workplaces, homes and grow our economy?"
If so, this position is for you…
• The individual in this position will be responsible for leading R&D, Product Development and Industrialization of Low Voltage UL Panelboards and Switchboards.
• Individual should possess domain expertise in Panelboards and Switchboards, expertise in pertinent UL standards and have a solid track record in successful execution of planned activities.
• The person in this role will be responsible for leading Innovation, R&D roadmapping and project execution for Panelboards and Switchboards.
• Main responsibilities include Product Stewardship, creation of Intellectual Property, Benchmarking, Design and Development with a LEAN DFMA mindset.
• Responsible for Testing, Prototyping, managing regulatory approvals, resource / project planning, seamless program execution and a smooth transition of products from Development to Operations within Quality, Cost and Timeline metrics.
• Leads, develops and motivates a group of dedicated qualified employees and professionals to achieve the targets set.
• Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, for the team assigned.
• Coordinates activities performed by the assigned team of professionals and technicians and controls execution according to the organizational guidelines.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• 10+ years professional experience in Manufacturing environment working with Electrical Products.
• Candidate with 3 plus years of experience in manager or supervisory role is preferred.
• Strong analytical abilities and design skills are required.
• Strong relationship building and communication skills (written and verbal) are required.
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to drive R&D excellence and best practices within a larger engineering. community that is working on complex technical problems.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Track record of 5+ years successful Industrialization of Configurable Electrical products.
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively and qualitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables and testing needs.
• Experience in releasing products across multiple locations.
• Experience in building technical teams, including hiring and establishing performance metrics.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.