Quality Engineer - Manufacturing
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 225897
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Quality Engineer for their Grand Prairie, TX location. This person will be responsible for planning and engineering including leading internal audits, obtaining and analyzing key performance indicators. They will also be responsible for reporting and resolving non conformances related to the Fabrication and other departments, performing/facilitating root cause analysis, and trending data in support of problem solving. This person will report to the Manufacturing Manager and have no direct reports.
Responsibilities: Quality planning activities may include reviewing engineering drawings to define Quality plans for product manufacture and preparing customer data. Other responsibilities include administrating QA systems databases and training individuals in support thereof, identifying needs and proposing recommendations to increase quality, efficiency, productivity, cycle time and customer satisfaction. The ability to motivate a team to achieve project goals is also a requirement of this position. Key Responsibilities: Performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Refers complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
Requirements skills, knowledge and Education:
1. BS/BA in related discipline. 5-8 years minimum experience as a Quality Engineer.
2. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of complex assignments.
3. Familiar with ISO and Siemens requirements.
4. Audit experience.
5. Experience training and comfortable training others.
6. Ability to maintain all required document trails per applicable programs.
7. Comfortable initiating and follows through with non-conformance reporting.
8. Proven track record in establishing documentation/procedures.
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Quality Engineering preferred.
2. Six Sigma Black Belt or other Six Sigma training also preferred.
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.