Technical Functions Documentation - Project Manager Specialist
Business Unit: Technology
Requisition Number: 225901
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Purpose of Position:
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is a dominant player in the global wind turbine market and maintains its position by offering state-of-the-art products made possible by a team of exceptional employees. At SGRE in Orlando, FL, we are an established global R&D department for the development and maintenance of Onshore Geared Wind Turbine. For our Technical Functions team within the G2 Platform Technology Department, SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for an experienced Documentation Engineer position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group of experts that will work cohesively to solve design, cost and technology challenges.
• Primary responsibility is to lead the Product Customer Documentation process and development.
• Product Customer Documentation tailoring, delivery and distribution in synchronization with sales requirements.
• Manage and coordinates with different stakeholders PCD Sales governance. (Acquisition and contractor supplied).
• Project management for documentation delivered from the Project Development Process, coordinating input from and review by key stakeholders in time to meet project deadlines, as well as participation in gate and milestone reviews.
• Publication of Product Customer Documentation Sales documentation in the sales library, and all related communication to the Sales community.
• Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across platforms to facilitate knowledge sharing and encourage collaboration
• BS degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in an engineering support role using SAP and Teamcenter.
• Experience using SAP for material management preferred.
• Expertise using Teamcenter preferred.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Strong team player and familiar with working in large matrix organizations.
• Knowledge and experience with Wind Power products and Siemens Design methodology preferred.
• Ability to travel 20%.