Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 225956
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform standard assembly of various products from work instructions, production orders, and specifications.
• Read and interpret engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
• May assign and check work of lower level personnel.
• May work nonstandard schedules and/or at off-site locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
• Perform duties in a manner compliant with prevailing quality procedures and policies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• High School diploma/GED and 2+ years’ Assembly experience in a manufacturing environment OR Associates/2 year technical degree
• Read and Interpret Engineering drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Experience testing Gas Chromatographs (GC’s) and an understanding of chromatography principles.
• Operate GC's to perform testing per GHTP guidelines.
• Experience using test systems to validate quality components.
• Experience working collaboratively with Product Support Engineers, Methods Engineers, and Project Engineers in developing work practices for efficient GC testing operations, including troubleshooting issues.