Operations Finance Manager
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 225983
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
The position is primarily responsible for the management of three districts of multi-million Long Term Service Agreements to service and repair wind turbine generators within Wind Power Service. In this role, the successful candidate will be tasked with managing three or more commercial project managers who are in charge of project controlling. The Operational Finance Manager will also support a key customer contact and assisting with the monitoring, reporting and offering suggestions for improving the overall financial health of their responsible projects.
Candidates should be able to:
· quickly adapt to changing priorities,
· effectively manage a group of professionals performing project accounting and controlling,
· effectively work with district managers and site managers to ensure budgeted and forecasted figures,
· ensure consistency and accuracy in monthly financial reporting and forecasting,
· add value in the improvement of processes and procedures, not only in the group’s objectives but also operational objectives,
· work well in a team oriented professional environment and engage effectively with cash collections, marketing, operations, key account management, and executive management,
· communicate clearly and concisely, while adapting to multiple types of audiences,
· lead and assist his or her team to meet or exceed their targets,
· complete various monthly reports and ad-hoc analyses,
· lead monthly project reviews, as well as risk and opportunity identification and analysis.
Candidates will be required to comprehend POC Revenue Recognition. Candidates will also have a significant amount of experience in risk and design and execution of internal controls, including account reconciliations.
Due to the fast paced nature of the work, the candidate must be able to handle multiple activities at once with minimal supervision, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance,
· CPA/MSA/MBA a plus, but not required.
· Eight or more years of progressive experience in Financial Planning & Analysis or Cost Accounting/Budgeting or Public Accounting experience,
· Supervisory experience preferred but not required,
· Must have the ability to read and interpret contract language to ensure proper financial treatment,
· Ability to partner with technical counterparts to drive decisions in a fast moving environment,
· Strong attention to detail and ability to convert large volumes of data into actionable information,
· Strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills,
· Deep appreciation for sound finance processes and ability to identify, develop, and drive operational improvements,
· Must have Intermediate skills in Excel to include (V-lookups, Pivot tables, Sum if Formulas)
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and address competing priorities, while ensuring deadlines are met on time and with 100% accuracy.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
· A high level of accuracy is required.