Commodity Management Specialist
Business Unit: Strategic Procurement
Requisition Number: 225985
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Commodity Manager) will be responsible for establishing sources of supply both domestic and internationally, negotiation of contracts and development of pricing models that allow Siemens to compete in the global marketplace.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist reports to the Senior Director of Procurement of the Business Unit.
• Development and implementation of Commodity Strategies that will yield sustainable savings.
• Negotiation with suppliers both domestic and internationally (Prices, Terms, Contracts etc.)
• Supplier Management
• Perform supply market studies and benchmarks
• Align strategies with cross-functional partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-3 years related experience
• Strategic Procurement experience
• Negotiation experience with verifiable year over year savings
• Understanding of supplier cost structure
• Proven experience in developing and implementing Commodity Strategies
• Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
• Ability to work individually and within a team
environment with cross-functional partners
• Some international travel may be required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Master’s degree
• Knowledge of Oracle and SAP ERP Systems
• Engineering background
• Drive and entrepreneurship