Commisssioning and Testing Supervisor
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 225988
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The Commissioning and Testing Supervisor will bring a solid technical understanding of the Rolling Stock testing/commissioning process in order to lead their team through the different factory commissioning phases to ensure that they meet the plant goals of Quality, Productivity, and on Time Deliveries. The position has the full support of the Field Service Department along with the rest of the Siemens Rolling Stock business to execute this mission. The candidate should be energized by the challenges we face when commissioning industry leading Light Rail Vehicles, Locomotives, and Passenger Coach Cars. In order to succeed at this challenge the candidate must be self-directed and continuously looking for improvement possibilities in themselves and their team.
- Lead teams of test technicians to ensure the safety, health, and welfare of all team members.
- Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, and ensures achievement of agreed performance standards such as safety, quality and schedule.
- Supervises the testing of new products and participates in the creation of solutions to departmental challenges.
- Contributes to budget planning processes and monitors budget adherence
- The direct supervision of 20+ employees
- Employee relations including; employee motivation, effective two way communication and employee engagement
- Performance Management; monitor and take action to maintain performance levels of all direct reports.
- Schedule Management; collaborating on and executing schedules for factory commissioning.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience.
- Associate’s degree in an engineering or business discipline
- Must have excellent communication
- Decision making skills
- Must be proficient in electrical, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting
- Always looking for continuous improvement
- Minimum of 5 years related experience