Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226030
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
As part of the Siemens PLM Mindsphere organization, this position makes
significant contributions towards the support of the tools that are
used to manage the development of best-in-class cloud based
microservice applications. As a JIRA Administrator you will be
responsible in delivery and supporting a technical solution for
Atlassian technologies. This is a unique position where you will be
automating processes, integrating systems, and administering our
portfolio of collaboration tools.
* Setup, configuration, and administration of the JIRA environment.
* Provide User Management and support for 500+ global users, manage
system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintain best
* Create and manage security schemes, custom fields and configurations.
* Research, install, manage and administer JIRA add-ons, plugins, and
* Gather requirements for business processes, and determine ways to
optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows, as well as identify where
functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
* Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide
end-users and business leadership with meaningful
operational/performance metrics and status reports.
* Implement JIRA upgrades, and partner withour IT staff to coordinate
infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
* Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
* Develop process, procedures, and governance in support of JIRAusage.
* Using Jira REST APIs, develop one-off solutions for integrations with
other tools, automate manual processes, data migration routines and
extract data for reporting and analytics purposes.
* Support of integrations between tools in our development landscape,
including, but not limited to: Atlassian tools, Git, Jenkins, Sonar,
* Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3+ years of IT experience (1+ years
with Master’s Degree) or equivalent experience.
* 2+ years of experience as an Atlassian Tool Suite Administrator (some
combination of): JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Service Desk
* 2+ years experience with system automation at enterprise level,
* Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status
* Senior level system administration experience, including
troubleshooting, support, mentorship/training, and oversight
* A working knowledge of Agile (Scrum or Kanban) methodologies
* Experience with the following DevOps tools: Git, Artifactory,
* Experience with cloud-based development, such as AWS or Azure
* Experience with NoSQL PostGRE, MSSql, MongoDB
* Software programming experience in Java
* Strong verbal and written communication skills