Field Commissioning Technician II - Commercial Fire/Life Safety & Electronic Security Systems - Baltimore, MD
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226034
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Field Service Technician: Coordinates, manages implements and/or performs service for new equipment installation, equipment, or repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems and Electronic Security Systems.
· Performs semi-complex equipment installation; installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools.
· Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source and/or terminates wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections.
· Participates in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); and in the creation and upload of point database, creates semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· Network Technologies: participates in the verification of point database and that programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; acts towards resolution of issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed. Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
· Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
· Generally, 2-5 years of successful industry experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.