Demand Planning Professional
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226064
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Demand Planner will be responsible to further enhance the Control Products Systems (CPS) Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) process to understand, plan and define demand, ensure continuous supply aligned with demand, and balance financial, capacity, inventory, risk, and other considerations. The Demand Planner will be creating assumption based forecasts to support the monthly SIOP process, communicating changes to the forecast assumptions, and ensuring that the monthly forecast sent to Supply is applied to the correct SKU and time bucket. The Demand Planner will own and drive forecast accuracy performance to achieve targets and to optimize inventory levels. In addition to forecasting, the Demand Planner is responsible for data integrity and various data analysis to support stakeholders and will be involved with providing visibility to critical supply planning issues, escalation to management, and developing and implementing mitigation plans.
- Create & maintain Product Portfolio/Family level and aggregated overall business demand plans (volume) for next rolling 18 months.
- Build up forecast assumptions, including product transition, trends and large projects.
- Lead in monthly SIOP meetings to understand macro/micro drivers that could impact the demand plan in the short or long term.
- Develop and utilize new and existing data sources and use available quotation/order intake/ forecast accuracy data appropriately to optimize demand plan accuracy
- Proactively plan for all “demand impacting events” in a timely manner, including integration with the central lead initiatives such as “one plan” and emerging IBP (integrated business planning) processes
- Utilize variable analytical and statistical forecasting methods to drive an optimum forward demand plan and develop and maintain systems to create a baseline demand plan for each product/channel and aggregate total business demand plan
- Work closely with the Product Managers and the Value Chain Logistics and Finance teams to ensure they are informed of significant changes in demand in a timely fashion
- Identify and understand critical risks and opportunities and the impact on planned demand
- Own and drive improvements against the defined KPI’s, including delivery capability, forecast Bias, MAPE, and inventory turnover.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain / Logistics, or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in demand / material / finance or business planning
- Experience with an Advanced Planning/Decision Support Systems such as: SAP APO, SAP IBP, Oracle Demantra, JDA Demand, JDA Enterprise Planning, Kinaxis, etc.
- Expert Analytical Skills
- Superior decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certification by APICS as a CPIM or CSCP, IBF as a CPF, or S&OP Certified Professional
- Familiar with Lean Principles
- Experience with SAP