Warehouse Coordinator II - Logistics - Mount Prospect, IL
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 226072
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Do you enjoy working in Logistics? Are you looking to made a direct impact to the business? Look no further, this exciting role is the ideal fit if you have a passion for working in inventory management and want to help the Siemens Building Technologies, Mount Prospect branch business. As the warehouse coordinator, you will responsible for all shipping and receiving activities at the branch warehouse as well as the management and upkeep of the warehouse environment. You will report into the regional manager or the warehouse supervisor (if applicable). Additionally, you will have daily interaction with branch staff, and be viewed as a service provider to branch operations. Do you love a team environment? Our branch works as a small business locally, focusing on the Siemens ownership culture, but having the support of the branch employees. There will be times you will take some local direction from operations management.
You will be trusted to receive inbound/outbound deliveries and will be moving and picking inventory and/or job stock.
Have experience with SAP? If so, plan to put it to good use, as this is the software we use for processing all warehouse transactions according to Siemens standard procedure.
Other exciting responsibilities include:
- Creating shipping papers using the preferred carriers’ software application.
- Communication with our Fleet department and supporting the service van parts replenishment process.
- Keeping accurate inventory levels and participating in the inventory count process as decided by policy/procedure.
- Executing the goods return procedure for the branch.
- Communicating with internal parties to handle delivery of parts and materials to meet project/service demand.
- We need you to retain documentation necessary for follow-up and proof of delivery and inventory and general housekeeping of the department.
- Enforcing and maintaining safety in the warehouse is of utmost importance, so we will require you to follow standard warehouse guidelines, and follow the Siemens' policies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Attention to detail and accurate and organized
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook),
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Material handling skills/experience – movement goods (in boxes) using the appropriate handling equipment
- Expertise and knowledge of operating a forklift (certification needed)
- Safety first attitude and practicing work environment safety
- Customer service approach – responsive and thorough
- Ability to work independently (supervised remotely)
- Variety of supply chain management experience
- Experience working with cross-functions (e.g. project managers, service technicians, operations team)
- SAP experience – IM and WM modules– other SCM related modules (Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.)