DevOps Pipeline Developer (AWS/Azure)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226074
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
As part of the Siemens PLM Mindsphere organization, this position makes
significant contributions towards the delivery DevOps solutions that
support best-in-class cloud based microservice applications. As a
DevOps Pipeline Engineer you will have key responsibilities in
defining, planning, implementing, and operating automated
infrastructure and processes that meet or exceed the service level and
* Using Infrastructure As Code (IAC) best practices to create automated
infrastructure within AWS/Azure, including package management,
application load and configuration, and systems monitoring and
* Automated monitoring/auditing of cloud infrastructure as it relates
to deployment, security, cost, usage, stability.
* Deliver improvements to source code management, deployment,
operations, maintenance, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit
tools and processes.
* Implement and maintain CI/CD tools and processes to support the
scrums team's development of microservices.
* Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3+ years of IT experience (1+ years
with Master’s Degree) or equivalent experience.
* Understanding of Cloud APIs and Cloud technologies specifically AWS &
* Experience withCloud provisioning tools: Terraform, Ansible,
GitLab-CI, or equivalent tools
* Skilled with shell scripting. Experience with shell, PowerShell,
Perl, PHP, Python, Nodejsa plus.
* 2+ years experience with open source tools (Linux, Python, Git,
* 2+ years experience with system automation at enterprise level,
* Ability to adopt and extend continuous integration and testing
processes, GitLab-CI experience preferred
* Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status
* Strong base for software architecture and design including
inter-process communications, asynchronous processing, micro-services,
message queueing, interfaces, and API development
* Act as a technical resource for a variety of information security
projects that arise from current business and technological
* Senior level system administration experience, including
troubleshooting, support, mentorship/training, and oversight
* 2+ years experience with networking and network/system security,
including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers,
monitoring, security and DNS
* Strong understanding of Internet security considerations in web and
* Cloud monitoring tools (Graphana, Kibana, CloudChecker)
* 2+ years' experience with full-stack development of web interface
* 2+ years of experience in an Enterprise IT environment.
* Experience with design, develop, and configuration of information
* Experience with SOC compliance