MindSphere Partner Development Director
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 226078
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
As a key member of the Partner Leadership team, this role is responsible for leading a global ISV portfolio. This individual will have a clear understanding of the Siemens MindSphere platform, including the overall value proposition and the technology which underpins it.
Revenue will primarily be driven via customized sell-through business models, working closely with independent software vendors (ISVs), industrial equipment providers, and other solution providers to develop capabilities and/or applications (e.g., MindApps) based on the MindSphere IoT platform.
● Define and execute a successful go to market strategy with Cloud ISVs, areas to highlight
○ ISVs by industry and regions
○ Drive incremental business
● Search and screen ISV companies and onboard them in to MindSphere Partner ecosystem based on defined criteria
○ Unique and value added solutions
○ Extension to product functionalities
○ Address solutions for PLM and automation products
● Actively build relationships and manage partnerships to grow business with ISVs
○ Set up a steering committee (with in partner management group) to review potential ISV companies on regular basis (due diligence has to done before presenting these companies to steering committee)
● Regular meetings with key stakeholders and groups to
○ identify requirements of readily available solutions
○ Seek feedback on partnerships
○ Introduce ISV partnerships (due diligence has to done before introducing partnerships; messaging has to be catered for audience) with a business case
● Schedule regular ISVs solutions overview sessions/day for MindSphere team
● Identify joint accounts with key ISV partners and introduce them to regional partner leads
● Drive opportunities with ISV partners
● Quarterly review of top (N) ISV companies – partnership model
● Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position Siemens MindSphere to win.
● Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Candidate will have excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities.
● Can articulate and understand the customer strategy and Siemens solution strategy independently.
● Understand the complex and typically long sales cycles at the strategic level.
● Must reside with easy access to a major airport.
● Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel.
● Candidate will have 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience. Experience in analytics, IoT, or big data management fields (or similar) into large strategic accounts up through the CxO level is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Prefer working knowledge of manufacturing industry.
● Prefer experience selling cloud-based software solutions.
● Prefer previous experience selling OEM-based solutions.