Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 226133
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
As your trusted partner, the Process Industries and Drives Division can support you in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of your products, processes and plants. We can thus help you measurably increase your productivity and improve your time-to-market – with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle.
Around the world, we provide future-proof automation, drive technology, industrial software, and services based on best-in-class technology platforms like Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) or Integrated Drive Systems (IDS). We work in close partnership with you to develop sustainable solutions across the entire lifecycle – from design and engineering to modernization. We rely on standardized components wherever possible, complementing these with industry-specific solutions to meet customers’ specific needs in all industry segments. This enables us to guarantee the availability of your products, systems, and solutions over the long term. And with our strong focus on resource efficiency, we contribute to environmental sustainability in every application.
The process industry is one of the core businesses of Siemens. Countless applications, installed throughout a wide variety of industries, demonstrate our expertise. But even more important is the value we add for our customers, enabling them to increase their productivity in every part of the value chain. With our precise knowledge of the different market segments, we can help you respond faster and more specifically to new market requirements and developments, and thus strengthen your competitiveness.
- Through component assembly – fit, align, drill, cut, and/or grind materials (i.e., metal, glastic). Lift and position products to precise location using overhead crane and other material handling devices (i.e., power jack, fork truck). Move/position product as required.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly work area by utilizing 5S practices and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Review and follow all ISO procedures and work with Quality Assurance to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Identify discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participates in Lean initiatives.
- Assist less experienced associates.
- Work overtime as required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient use of basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities from Engineered drawings, blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of materials.
- Ability to climb to different heights and work at heights above waist level.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic math and problem solving skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Associate degree in electrical or electronics preferred.
- Minimum of one year mechanical, electrical or related experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.