Entry Level Application Engineer SW House
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226138
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
As a Systems Engineering Professional 1 (Application Engineer 1) at Siemens Building Technologies, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for developing control algorithms for Building Automation Systems and applying or tailoring Siemens products to satisfy customer needs.
- Design, implement, and evaluate control system applications for building automation.
- Develop automated tests for verifying application functionality using appropriate language or platform.
- Create and review technical documentation to support internal process and external customers.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
· Explore design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
- Use tools to model and simulate building environments and control systems (e.g. MATLAB)
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment
- Comply with current Siemens development processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of building systems (HVAC, Fire, Security, Lighting) and sub-systems (Chillers, AHUs, PLCs, etc.).
- Field experience in mechanical equipment inspection and control, including start‐up and commissioning of HVAC equipment a plus.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.