Systems Specialist II - Building Automation Controls - Southern Maine & New Hampshire
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226144
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Scarborough
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
The Systems Specialist II will play a key role in the design, installation, and implementation of all technical aspects of Building Automation Systems. These will be newly installed BAS systems in retrofit or newly constructed buildings. This role will focus on vertical markets of K-12, Higher Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Office, Pharmaceutical and manufacturing in the Southern Maine and New Hampshire areas.
• Works with project management and engineering team to review jobs specifications and design needs.
• Designs and creates all custom software programs, point database and graphics that are used with the BAS, workstations and website interfaces.
• Provides on-site support for the scheduling of contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed. Construction trades would generally include various mechanical, electrical, IT and equipment suppliers.
• Executes project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed BAS controls and mechanical systems on assigned projects.
• Participates in the layout and coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel.
• Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with project team to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
• Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance, and conducts training for end user customers on system operations.
• Provides Plans & Control System Documents to application engineering for as-built drawings.
• Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
• A minimum of 3-6 years experience with Building Automation Systems. Experience could be as a technician, installer/electrician of BAS systems or Owner/Operator.
• Associates Degree or similar education or experience desired (High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement).
• Must have strong knowledge in HVAC mechanical and/or Electrical systems.
• Must have knowledge of computers and MS Suite software products.
• Strong documentation and communication skills desired.
• Independent, self learner and high desire for high quality products and systems.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
• Extensive product training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!