Engineering Document Administrator
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 226146
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Engineering Document Administrator
Do you want to be a part of a High Performing Team, Delivering the Industry Leading Variable Frequency Drives to the Market?
The Document Administrator position is the document distribution intermediary between Operations Engineering and other departments, including certified for construction drawings to production, operations and maintenance manuals to project management and others. This position is responsible for collecting and reporting on weekly and monthly engineering metrics.
· Assists engineering distribution of production documentation to production floor per ISO requirements.
· Responsible for managing and generating O&M manuals for engineering projects including tracking deliverables and producing manuals in required media.
· Responsible to provide production deliverables of Operations Engineering responsibility.
· Develop, recommend and implement technical documentation process and policy changes.
· Completes the gathering, recording and maintaining engineering specific information. Completes the preparation of complex charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate various engineering procedures for KPI presentations
· Completes the coordination of business process changes, assists in implementing system solutions.
· Manage and track projects on a daily basis
· Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
· Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associates Degree
· 3-5 years working in an engineering/production environment
· PLM/PDM applications (TeamCenter preferred)
· Engineering Change management experience
· Expert use of office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, Publisher, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro)
· Document configuration/management (SIPS+)
· No travel required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Build configured digital structure in Teamcenter aligned to a product Bill of Material.
· Experience working with BOMs
· Ability to read technical drawings