Electrical Services Specialist II - Albany NY
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226157
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/building-technologies.html
Leads the most complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with maintenance and testing of: switchgears, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, protective relay maintenance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Performs emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and 3rd party equipment.
· Performs highly complex service upgrades, reconditioning, retrofits, etc. for its low-voltage power distribution products and systems.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
· Provides expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.
· May provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.Experienced at performing mechanical maintenance, overhaul and reassembly of medium and low voltage circuit breakers.
· Experienced at electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems.
· Experienced at utilizing electrical test sets to perform AC and DC High Potential testing, Transformer Turns Ratio testing, Transformer Power Factor testing and other power system tests practices and procedures.
· Skilled at interpreting protective coordination studies, testing and configuring protective relays.
· Capable of reading bill of materials, electrical blueprints and power system study reports.
· Experienced on installation, commissioning and maintenance of low and medium voltage power distributions systems.
· Familiar with the Arc Flash and Shock Hazards of 13.8 kV and below electrical equipment.
· Familiar with ANSI, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, and NETA codes and standards
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· AVO, NETA, and NICET certifications preferred. Electrician or Electrical Contractor licenses a plus.
· HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Successfully demonstrates leading-edge or extensive knowledge in a technical or specialty area.
· Generally, 5+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· 50% travel required.