Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 226159
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 80%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy employs more than 2800 employees worldwide. The regional headquarters for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy service activities in the Americas region is located in Orlando, Florida. All aspects of the Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy wind business in North and South America are coordinated from this location; including service, design, sales, project management, production and erection of wind turbines. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is growing rapidly and is looking for people who would like to join a dynamic, international company capable of accommodating the development of its employees. Wind power is the fastest growing of the renewable energy technologies. A key factor for matching our growth rates and maintaining our leading position is our people - competent, enthusiastic and highly professional.
We currently have the following position reporting to our Orlando, Florida regional headquarters.
The primary responsibilities of the Operations Support Specialist (Electrical) are:
* Provide hands-on expertise with troubleshooting and repair of complex AC/DC electrical systems, power systems (converters, power units, generators, etc.), and related control systems using software based and oscilloscope based techniques.
*Be able to work independently and with minimum supervision
*Ability to travel up to 80% on an as needed basis
* Show professionalism, respect, and understanding when supporting wind technicians.
* Take direction from and collaborate with Support / Project Engineers to resolve complex technical issues at various wind farm sites.
* Take a proactive approach to fault finding and troubleshooting.
* Identify common, reoccurring, and major component faults.
* Identify process improvements; including reduction of non-value added operations, increased productivity opportunities, increased safety opportunities, etc.
* Contribute to the success of Operations Support Group – Americas.
* Use good written and verbal communication skills to describe complex faults, participate in preparation of reports, and follow up to final resolution.
* Demonstrate competency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Outlook).