Financial Data Scientist - Building Technolgies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 226222
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Able to review large amounts of data and identify key trends and analysis within the organization.
- Reporting: Expert excel skills (Pivot Tables / Formulas / Functions), VBA and experience with other business intelligence tools (ie. Qlik). Track record of creating compelling reports that produce transparency around business initiatives.
- Variance Analysis: able to compare of actuals vs Forecast for Revenue and provide meaningful commentary
- Presentations: Preparation of monthly presentations for executive management.
- Financial Statement Analysis: knowledge of all financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow Statement) and interactions between the different statements.
- Leadership Qualities: comfortable in network organization and able to influence colleagues.
- Development next generation of financial analytical models to be used in forecasting
- Annual budgeting process: cost center planning, P&L
- Prepare variance analysis, monthly forecasts and financial analysis
- Reconciliation of Headcount actual vs. plan and tracking of new hires/temp requisitions
- Support strategic and operational processes
- Typically BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Strong knowledge of financial and managerial accounting
- Data Analytics model creation
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, and statistics)
- Solid understanding of capital budgeting (investment analysis)
- Advanced in MS Excel and various business intelligence tools
- Strong collaboration skills to manage multiple stakeholders (U.S. and field)
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
- Understanding drivers of productivity growth
- Knowledge of SAP (FI/CO)
- Knowledge of big data architecture and tools
- Knowledge of cloud-based software applications and web technology