Account Executive - Fire Solutions
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226232
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/building-technologies.html
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an Senior Sales Executive to sell Fire & Life Safety systems in the Seattle market. Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role will focus on customers in all new construction markets. Ideally, the team would like to find a professional skilled in our industry, a proven Fire Safety professional ready to take his or her technical expertise into a sales career.
- Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned geographic or vertical market.
- Develops high quality best service offerings that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
- Successfully develops relationships with Electrical Contractors and Specifying Engineers in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
- Identifies other key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
- Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales potential.
- Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies.
- Monitors competitor activities and market trends.
- Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
- Develops strong relationships with electrical contractors through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
- Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related technical degree) preferred; however, a combination of education and experience also be considered (A High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam is the minimum requirement).
- At least 2-5 (two to five) years of successful technical sales experience required; experience selling or supporting Fire Alarm Systems and Solutions strongly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.