Materials Manager - SCM Projects & Programs
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 226240
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Flanders site has significantly expanded the manufacturing operations and is ramping up to manufacture a newly developed complex diagnostics instrument that will be produced at our Flanders facility. This change brings exciting growth and opportunities within the materials management and supply chain teams.
The Materials Management role is essential for our continued growth and development of the purchasing and materials function. We are looking for an insightful and professional leader who can help us develop our materials management methodology to a higher level. The incumbent will be responsible for leading a team of buyers and material management specialists. They will develop and implement strategies that will strengthen our approach and supplier management techniques. They will drive materials related projects, improve materials chain techniques, evolve existing processes, manage complex change implementation, enhance delivery techniques and work alongside the site leadership team to take us toward a world class materials management organization.
• Provide leadership to direct reports, establish goals & development plans, support cross-functional leadership to further enhance our business performance
• Identify and implement opportunities for improvement,
• Support new product development initiatives
• Support and improve on time delivery to the customers for both production and spares/aftermarket
s innovation with a focus on continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
• Compiles departmental budgets and assists in financial forecasting.
• Adheres to company policies, procedures and ethics codes, ensuring that they are implemented throughout the business.
• Understand and develops Key performance metrics
· Support our lean initiatives and implement price reduction programs
• In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution) and a superior understanding of manufacturing material flow in a plant.
• Must possess a strong customer service orientation and provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
• Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
• Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization.
• Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
• Must know how to influence bottom line results.
• Must be a strong communicator and possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
• Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment and be proficient at conflict resolution.
• Must be proficient in information technology systems utilized in Materials Management
• Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings, blue prints, assembly drawing, schematics and other written or verbal instructions presented in English.
• A minimum of 5+ years’ of experience in a Supply Chain leadership role, focusing on standardizing planning & execution, working with production and spare parts.
• Lean ideology – drives for continuous improvement – lean manufacturing experience preferred.
• Good understanding of finance.
• Demonstrated supplier management skills.
• Project management and problem solving skills with acute attention to detail.
• Proven ability to lead – able to foster cross functional and cross business collaboration.
• Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP, lean manufacturing processes and Excel
• Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
**SAP Experience is highly desired