Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 226244
Primary Location: United States-Oklahoma-Pryor
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Engineering Technician / Auxiliary Operator
Safely operate and maintain the facility and all equipment to meet production schedules and minimize costs. Responsible for daily operation and maintenance of all equipment at the plant. Takes direction from and coordinates with the Shift Lead in the performance of required duties.
• Understands and adheres to all plant safety guidelines and procedures.
• Strive to maintain an injury free work environment.
• Under Shift Lead direction, control plant processes and electrical distribution through local operation of equipment.
• Conduct regular rounds of entire plant and all equipment.
• Notify Control Room of operational problems and correct if possible.
• Maintain plant housekeeping standards.
• Obtain various plant chemistry samples when required in order to maintain plant water quality as well as ensure environmental compliance.
• Mix appropriate water chemicals for all plant processes.
• Make adjustments to chemical mixtures as directed. Maintain accurate logs and other records of plant operation, i.e. plant logs and Mainsaver.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance, identify operational problems, troubleshoot, make repairs and maintain equipment as required to support plant operation.
• Assist in purchasing parts and supplies.
• Assist in the update of drawings and prints as changes are made. Maintain plant technical library and equipment history.
• Assist in budget planning and control. Provide leadership and job coordination for assigned systems.
• Administratively assist Operations and or Maintenance Manager in performance of his duties relating to procurement warehousing.
• Mainsaver and scheduling as required.
Become technical expert on assigned systems to include the following items:
• Identify required spare parts inventory
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks
• Writing maintenance procedure
• Prepare lesson plans and conduct staff training on system
• Identify required system modifications and prepare economic justification
• Identifying outage maintenance items for planning purposes
• Supervising outside contractors
• Maintaining as built system drawings
• Lead the mechanical maintenance effort of plant personnel in the performance of maintaining equipment.
• Utilize the computerized CMMS including preventive maintenance, inventory control, and work orders, etc.
• Assist with outage planning, spare parts purchasing, and inventory control.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and maintain power generation plant systems.
• Maintain buildings, grounds and structures.
• Install, maintain and repair plant instrumentation, computers, electrical, electronic and pneumatic control equipment.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair plant electronic/pneumatic systems, Teleperm system and facility computers, process control equipment and instrumentation.
• Install, maintain and repair electrical components such as rotating electrical equipment, meters, motor controllers, switchgear, plant lighting and battery systems as required.
• Install and calibrate instrumentation and control systems
• Maintain and operate the plant warehouse and storeroom.
• Maintain a computer-based inventory system.
• Ship and receive equipment and material.
• Move equipment and material throughout the facility.
• Perform a variety of tasks in support of operation and maintenance of the plant.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology preferred but not required
• 1-3 years of relevant experience required.
• Experience Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing plant electronic/pneumatic systems.
• Experienced in outage Maintenance
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Operation and Maintenance experience in a Power Plant
• Experience Installing, maintaining and repairing plant instrumentation, computers, electrical, electronic and pneumatic control equipment.