Staff Ultrasound Systems Engineer
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 226252
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
This position is a senior engineering role responsible for: lead and contribute to major portions of innovation projects and product developments; design, develop, and evaluate ultrasound imaging features/technologies to assess clinical value and relevance; support/lead product development and release as needed. Key focus is on ultrasound systems engineering, including ultrasound signal chain (frontend, beamforming, signal processing, image processing) design and implementation, imaging feature development, and image quality optimization and clinical evaluation.
The Staff Systems Engineer works with cross-functional product development team and provides technical leadership in:
· Defining and implementing ultrasound signal chain for new product introduction, key domain areas include transmitting and receiving frontend, beamforming, and signal processing for B-mode, color flow, spectral Doppler, and other advanced features.
· Total ownership of image quality, from transducer specification, system performance verification, engineering and clinical image optimization, and customer support.
· Leading systems-level product development, owning design specifications and verifications that complies with related medical device regulations/standards (FDA, IEC, etc.) and internal quality management and design control processes.
· Driving innovation and continual improvement of imaging performance all the way from concept generation to prototyping and product implementation.
· Mentoring and coaching junior team members; leveraging knowledge, experience to elevate the technical/clinical capabilities of team; driving collaboration and team work.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields; Ph.D. preferred
· Minimum 4 years in medical imaging product development (including significant experience in imaging algorithms and ultrasound image optimization).
· Demonstrated technical abilities; ability to coordinate development efforts of a highly technical group
· Familiarity with GPU architecture and programming (such as nVidia CUDA) is a plus.
· Knowledge of regulations for medical devices
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Able to adapt quickly to change and work in a rapidly-evolving environment