Service Supervisor - Building Automation / HVAC Controls
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226287
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
This position serves as the Supervisor for a team of Building Automation engineers and service specialists in the Seattle area. Managing between 8-16 direct reports, this role reports to the Service Operations Manager.
• Supervises the activities, performance and development of Service Project Managers, Client Service Managers and Service Specialists.
• Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements and T&M work in assigned geographic area or location.
• Responsible for all service and project activities including monthly financial and labor forecasting, monthly cost-to-complete reviews and invoicing and collections for assigned projects, service agreements and T&M work.
• Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work proceeds according to schedules and budgets.
• Provide quotes for T&M work to customers and ensuresT&M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion.
• Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tool expenditures, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned service work.
• Maintains and improves booked margins for service agreements.
• Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
• Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between solutions, service, and sales so that project completion and turnover to service can be coordinated to minimize customer disruptions, to maximize our profitability, and to insure a smooth transition to a service agreement.
• Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
• Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
• Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED. (Technical associate’s degree preferred.)
• 3+ years experience in the installation and service of building automation / DDC Controls and at least two years of supervisory or management experience.
• Strong understanding of the processes and procedures of the building automation systems industry.
• Demonstrated understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills (must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
• Must be able to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
• Must be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.